Mudita Dharma Talk
Mudita – Connected Vicarious Appreciative Sympathetic Joy
This is the sixth talk of the Awakened Heart Series and this talk looks at the Compassion (Karuna)
The Third Element of True Love
The third element of true love is connected joy (mudita) and has the wish of seeing all beings flourishing and celebrating when they do
Mudita is a pure joy unadulterated by self-interest.
Mudita is About:
- Connecting with others
- Wishing well for others
- The hope that others succeed (even if you’re not)
- The forgetting of yourself
- The ability to stop comparing or judging the worthiness of the other person
- To be able to put yourself in their shoes so that you can understand:
- Their perspective and point of view
- Their struggles
- Their joys and how those feel
Their wins become your wins.
Like the Video? Support the Work!
→ Click here to give
(Dana) Giving: The practice of giving is universally recognized as one of the most basic human virtues, a quality that testifies to the depth of one’s humanity and one’s capacity for self-transcendence. In the teaching of the Buddha, too, the practice of giving claims a place of special eminence, one which singles it out as being in a sense the foundation and seed of spiritual development.